Born out of the need for a glazing putty that fits the need of historic window restorers across the world, Austin’s Glazier’s Putty is a premium fast-skinning glazing putty that is mildew resistant. The perfect putty for both the professional restorer and DIYer. Manufactured by Sarco Putty Co. exclusively for The Craftsman Blog.
It is an easy to work, knife grade putty that delivers a smooth clean line with minimal effort on both wood and steel windows. It resists shrinking and wrinkling like other putties.
- Mildew resistant formula
- For glazing wood and steel sash
- Ready for paint in 3-7 days
- Can be used for in shop or in-situ glazing
- Must be painted, but does not require priming
- Ships in resealable screw top container
- Best practices - Prime the wood prior to installing the putty to seal the wood and avoid it pulling oils out of the putty.
- Do not prime the putty itself once it is ready for paint. The putty should only get 2 top coats of paint and no primer
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This was the first time I ever tried to glaze windows. I thought I would buy putty from an expert and I am happy that I did! I followed Scott’s instructions and it all worked out well. There is enough putty in this quart to glaze about six window panes. Unfortunately I have to glaze 48 window panes so need to get much, much, more.
This stuff practically applies itself. It is so user friendly, I believe I could apply it blindfolded. Throw out the DAP crap & pick up a tub of this putty. And pick up some whiting while you're at it. It cuts the skin time & cleanup time down dramatically.
Absolutely the best putty I have ever worked with, Dap33 is in the trash can. Easy to apply, one drag with a sharp putty knife trims edge and smooths the finish at perfect angle with minimal mess or waste. Not cheap but saves time and effort, really a no fuss putty once you get the hang of it. 108 panes got me to near expert status.