When you need an interior/exterior high quality varnish that doesn’t require a PhD to apply, Austin’s Simple Varnish is the answer! Versions of this classic formula has been used for well over 100 years on historic woodwork and floors. Our unique recipe of phenolic resins, tung oil, and turpentine along with UV stabilizers gives you a finish that can be applied like a wiping varnish so you avoid those dreaded brushmarks and get a deeply penetrating finish that’s less prone to peeling than modern varnishes and polyurethanes.
First coat: Flood the surface evenly continually adding finish to any areas that appear dry until wood can no longer accept additional finish. Let finish soak in for 5-10 minutes then wipe off any excess and let dry overnight (8-12 hours).
Additional coats: Apply a thin coat evenly across surface with a natural bristle brush and let dry overnight (8-12 hours). Continue applying coats until you achieved the sheen and coverage you desire. Each successive coat will increase the sheen up to a high-gloss sheen.
- Hardwood Floors
- Wood Windows & Doors
Storage: Keep container tightly closed when not in use. Do not store in plastic containers. Store only in glass or metal containers that are resealable. Dispose of used Austin’s Simple Varnish at any hazardous waste location. Do not pour down the drain.
- Do not use near open sparks, heat, or flame
- Keep out of reach of children
- If accidentally swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Immediately call your poison control center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately for instructions. Drink large quantities of water to dilute substance.
- Work in a well ventilated area
- Rags, steel wool, or waste soaked with Austin’s Simple Varnish may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded. Immediately after use, place rags, steel wool, or waste in a sealed, water-filler, metal container.